Friday 8 June 2012

The Deer on your Vehicle...or any other stickers

Although I was exhausted last night, and for the first part of this morning, I am energized and ready for the day today…at 11am. Last night I went to the gym for the first time in months- I did about 40 minutes of cardio and felt like my legs were about to spontaneously combust at any moment- I decided to stop for the night. As I was running, I was thinking of Jimmy Fallon’s thank you notes he writes every Friday night, because his one about chin ups and death felt as if it applied.

“Thank you chin ups, and death, for being things I can only do once.”

I’m excited to get back into the gym, get fit and ready to rock a hot dress for my wedding. Well, no one will let me rock a hot dress… but I’m gonna look good!

On a completely separate note, as I was making my way into work this morning I noticed something I hadn’t given much thought to prior to today: car stickers or decals. OK, we’ve all seen them- bumper stickers, family members stuck to the backs of vans, “I love my Golden Retriever” stickers… they’re everywhere, but today I saw some that I thought to be quite strange. Most people place stickers of items they support or enjoy on their cars, something about their beliefs, favourite pet, they child, or in many cases these days their entire freakin’ family represented through little people car decals. Today, however, I saw a truck with 2 deer heads on both back windows and then a larger coloured sticker of an entire deer on the back of his truck trailer bed door. This is not, I assume, because this man has an affinity for deer, or worships deer… I would assume, based on prior knowledge as well as initial physical judgment of the man’s appearance, that he was a deer hunter. I think this could be the only group of people who, instead of putting stickers of things they like on their vehicles, place stickers of animals they enjoy killing on their vehicles… ok let’s be honest- they all drive trucks.

For the record- those sticker families that people place extensively all over their cars… I don’t like them. I do, however, enjoy this video I saw on Tosh.O



No comments:

Post a Comment