Tuesday 15 May 2012

WoW Love Letter

Today at work during lunch, some coworkers and I were discussing the new RPG game coming out today: Diablo 3.  *yawn*  But of course, Brandon is giving it a try and has been enjoying throwing frogs at his enemies so far.  The conversation turned to World of Warcraft and how some people include it in their wedding vows (and even getting married in the game whilst getting married in person).  Rest assured, this will NOT be happening in our lives.  But it did make me think of creative ways I could show Brandon I listen to him when he talks about WoW.  So, naturally, I wrote him a World of Warcraft love letter.

 

My dear Brandon, my handsome Orc lover,

You must not know the love I feel for you, because you say you always love me more.  Let me explain to you just how I love you more...

I would scream from the Tol Barad (Toblerone) Peninsula (hoping for it to echo among the land), forgetting the fact they call it a peninsula and it is not, in fact, a peninsula at all.  I'd climb to the very top of the Westfall Lighthouse if I felt like I could make it in good time.  On my quest to deliver the news of our love to the entire World (of Warcraft, of course), I would take on whole armies of trolls and I would get aggro on anyone who dare threaten our love, and the fact that I, obviously, love you more.  My love for you exceeds level 85 (and any subsequent levels that are opened up upon expansion packs).

Why do I love you more?  Because you are a wonderful, unique, strong, smart, funny man and your strapping body, in all that armour, gets my blood boiling.  You are an epic mount, with magical powers beyond the virtual realm.  You restore my mana with a single kiss.  I hope I take your breath (bar) away, as you do to me.  Your mining skills surpass all those I have met before you, and I hope one day those precious metals you mine for hours on end will become the ring you use to ask for my hand in marriage.  Your 525/525 rating gives me good confidence you'll create something beautiful!  (Now let's work on those cooking skills of yours).  Your daily quests are always done, and are never forgotten... the same can't always be said for the real world, but we can work on that.  Your hard work obtaining clothing and gear astounds me, though your Cape of Cruelty, your Cataclysmic Gladiator's Waistband and Boots of Cruelty, sometimes leave me wondering what it is you do all day in that virtual World of yours.  How is it that you are exalted in many Horde Reputations, but hated in others?  How could anyone hate you?  Perhaps, it's your damage you cause to the Alliance members?  Your Ruthless Gladiator's Insignia of Conquest doesn't just increase your Agility for 20 seconds, but also my heart.

I promise to always love you, and to never do any direct damage to your heart.  I would run any quest you ask of me, gather any skills or gems needed- to prove that I will always love you (more).  All I ask, is that you introduce me to your Guild friends, Verbosa... I mean Brandon!

I would do all these things to prove I love you more and my love keeps growing each and every day.  This is all provided the system isn't down for Patch Day or maintenance- then all I can do is say I LOVE YOU!!!

Love,
Shannon, Shanners, Bananers, Kermin...

No comments:

Post a Comment