Friday 4 May 2012

The Uneventful Work Week



I've started at my new job as a recruitment sourcer however, official training didn't begin until this week. So last week I was shadowing and doing self directed learning by basically reading job descriptions and finding definitions of the obscure IT terms on Google. Needless to say, it was less than enthralling.

Somehow, I was lucky enough to be given a window desk seat. That's like not requesting a window seat on an airplane and being given one anyway. Jackpot!

Thankfully, this window has provided me many minutes, possibly up to an hour, of mindless staring entertainment. Let me introduce to you: Roof Man! He's a normal man who comes up onto the roof of the adjacent building and fiddles. Not musically. Physically- with wires and cords and such. He goes up a couple times a day and moves around some wires, pulls on them (he must be checking their strength) and returns back inside the building. The other day he brought a friend up to help him.

This is he only picture I've been able to capture of Roof Man:

He's quick- in and out. So it's tough to get a good photo of the elusive Roof Man. I can only assume he must be doing something of importance but I really can't be sure. I'll keep you posted.

Also, yesterday, a lonely yellow balloon floated past my window :) it was lovely... though it is ultimately going to pollute our environment, it was a nice surprise to my otherwise boring day.

No comments:

Post a Comment