Sunday 2 September 2012

Are You My Mother?

 



Have you ever read this book?  If not, you really should.  If you're not aware, "P.D. Eastman" is a Dr. Seuss protege, so you can expect the typical Seuss-ical style to this book.  If you haven't read it- you should.  But this post if not solely intended to boost Dr. Seuss sales of "Are You My Mother?", so let me continue...

How many of you women out there sometimes feel like you're significant other's mother?  If you're anything like me, and apparently many other women out there (according to a magazine poll), you likely do the following "motherly" type things for your man:
  • help him with laundry 
  • help clean his room/house
  • organize his appointments
  • remind him about appointments and when he needs to take time off work
  • make meals for him to take to work
  • shut off lights, close doors and just generally clean up after he's left a room
  • take care of him when he's sick 
  • fold and put away clothes
  • run errands for him
  • organize and keep his official records and documents (banking, ID) safe
  • help with banking and saving
I often think/ask, "am I your mother?" to which he usually replies, "no, but you can be my fiance who acts as a mother".  Men want to be mothered, no matter what they outwardly say.  They love to be taken care of, doted on and know that when they mess up there is a woman there to make things right.

Are you my mother?
No, I am not your mother- but you'll treat me as one anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment